Tabs

 photo 1_zpsaevl5qya.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 3_zps6wyhvccd.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Table Setting

I will hosting our annual girls Christmas party this year so I thought I will share how I normally get myself prepared in advance so I don't get all mess up on the actual day.

I pre-planned the party menu ahead of time and set out my table setting and decide on which serving wares I would be using, the decor and such. 


I will write down name of the dishes and stick it on the serve wares. Then snap a photo of it before putting them back in the cabinet (obviously we still need the dining table for day-to-day functions before the party). When day of the party comes, I just refer to the photo I took and it will save me a lot of time and headaches. Well, normally the night before the party, I will take out all the serve wares and give them a wash and lay them on the table so it will be ready to use the next day.


Because our dining table is quite small, I am not able to fit regular round plates for the guests. I found these disposable bento boxes which are rectangular in shape and it fits perfectly (and no extra dishes to wash!).


But they did look kinda plain and cheap in white. So I went ahead and draw some vines on it together with the guest's names. Now it looks way nicer and also worked as a place card! 


I could have used disposable plates/trays for all the food but I think using "real" serve wares look much nicer and hold better.

I also use disposable fork & spoon which I jazzed it up a little.



Initially I painted the ends with gold acrylic paint but it needed quite a lot of coats and I don't quite like it. Then I used washi tape instead and love the outcome! 




As I only have about 6 guests for the party, I am fine with doing this extra fancy step. If you are hosting a bigger party, it might be a little time consuming.

Added them into the folded napkin!


I just put them into the bento boxes.



Trial set up done!


 photo name3a_zps4tnhc2mj.png
Share this post!
Pin This Share on TumblrShare on Google Plus Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment